Why Therapy is Helpful
Most people do their best to manage their struggles on their own. Often times, however, the things people do to cope or feel better can be problematic and may worsen things in the long run. A skilled clinician can accurately assess what someone’s difficulties are, and provide the appropriate interventions that are likely to lead to long-lasting changes.
Although people seek therapy for different reasons, it is usually because they are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Emotional pain or distress
- Problems with relationships
- Difficulty managing emotions
- Problematic behavior that interferes with one’s life
- Feeling impaired in one’s ability to function most optimally
- Feeling stuck and aimless
Are you trying to capitalize on your talents or overcompensate for a sense of inadequacy? At what point does ambition become pathological perfectionism?
Do you and your partner have sexual differences that are impacting your relationship? Enhance sexual satisfaction by learning how to effectively negotiate such differences.